Circa Survive Board
September

Circa Survive "Descensus" Discussion

i find this really weird, but i really like schema a lot now. Like when they previewed it i thought it was amazing, but when the full song was released i didn't really care for it as much. It seriously grew on me a lot since then.

i really love the progression of the final track. super sick, sludgy, ambient, and pretty. Geeze

i really love the progression of the final track. super sick, sludgy, ambient, and pretty. Geeze

what's so bad ass is the little lead at te second part of the song sounds like could be a sound track for too gun IMO lol LOVE IT

Where can i listen to this? The leak hasn't hit youtube yet :( I'm impatient.

I just googled for it and found a link pretty easily. Now waiting for the high quality.

it could be a hidden track? thats my guess since a couple of these tracks are long

(like the house of leaves type of deal)

"Never Had A Name" are some lyrics in "Child of The Desert" so it was most likely a name change but who knows

On my second listen now and I gotta say I love this album. It grooves so hard and it's great. Not a single weak track in my eyes. Early favorites are "Schema," "Nesting Dolls," "Phantom," and "Descensus."

the songs i'm really feeling right now are : child of the desert, only the sun, who will lie with me now, nesting dolls, phantom, and descensus.

But i think Child of the Desert is my favorite. I really feel like i'm on this crazy mysterious desert journey adventure listening it.

Is it just me, but do circa survive albums ever feel like youre watching some crazy cool epic anime? Anthony Green's voice has always sounded really cartoony to me to be honest. It's just so distinct and high pitched. Maybe it's just my tastebuds melding together. i love to imagine all these crazy scenarios to their songs.

the songs i'm really feeling right now are : child of the desert, only the sun, who will lie with me now, nesting dolls, phantom, and descensus.

But i think Child of the Desert is my favorite. I really feel like i'm on this crazy mysterious desert journey adventure listening it.

Is it just me, but do circa survive albums ever feel like youre watching some crazy cool epic anime? Anthony Green's voice has always sounded really cartoony to me to be honest. It's just so distinct and high pitched. Maybe it's just my tastebuds melding together. i love to imagine all these crazy scenarios to their songs.

Yeah, I love the 5/4 groove, and of course that ending is just such a barn-burner.

So many violent waves songs evoke this sensation of falling/flying, especially I'll Find A Way. I get the same thing here. Only The Sun is like this cosmic journey or something. Rushing through the air... you know? I think its the ways the guitar chords sustain and the way the drums keep the momentum or something.

....Sovereign Circle didn't impress me all that much when I listened to the initial shitty leak, but listening in FLAC right now, and this song is sexy as fuck.

I wish I knew what he was singing after "Soveriegn, circle around the...end OHLAY???"

What's so funny is I wrote on Brendan's ig a long time ago when they first debuted the song that I felt I was on a crazy ass cowboy quest listening to that song.

Made me think of cowboy jam.

This is such a great rock album that would ou the radio scene back on the game like it was in the 70s if people were open to it more

It just gets better and better with every listen. I've always enjoyed Anthony's shrieks and screams haha and there are plenty of those on this album. Because of that I'd love to hear this whole album live, screaming along with him is one of my favorite things in the world.

I don't know how I feel about the album. I only like Schema, Phantom, Only the Sun and Sovereign Circles so far. I'm not really feeling the rest yet. Sovereign Circles though...the last time a CS song gave me chills like this was Your Friends Are Gone from OLG.