Circa Survive Board
September

Circa Survive "Descensus" Discussion

They do what they want to in music, and they love what they do (As do I), and their albums are so unique, it's stuff I never heard done by other artists, that in and of itself is experimental and risky when we live in a time when most of the music industry considers garbage to be actual music, and if you're an artist that tries to be unique from the mainstream pop culture, it's tough to be in that industry, I believe all of Circa's albums are different, which is why I think this one will be different, each album they make is better than their former album in my humble opinion.

since when has this band ever done anything for the money? its not like they're going out and trying to move a million copies the first week. nothing about their personalities have ever given any indication that money is the most important thing to them when it comes to making music.

When they sold pre-order bundles for $750? They have to make a living/cover cost of production, I don't blame them at all. If they're capable of selling it because this band means that much to someone, then by all means go ahead. To say that this band doesn't do things for money is absurd, just as absurd as saying they do things solely for money. Let's not go to extremes here people. They've found a medium that works and they're going to stick with it.

I know they love making music and creating experiences for their fans, but reality is there's a lot more to that if they want to be able to continue doing so.

Says "To say that this band doesn't do things for money is absurd, just as absurd as saying they do things for money." Also says "They'll make what sells."

You sound pretty absurd to me, bud.

I feel like until we actually get a clip of a new song then we can really assess where the new direction is going. Right now we can speculate and hope for the best, but ultimately it is naive on both ends to assume they will make music a certain way.

I know i've said i don't see them really taking huge risks and challenging their fans with their new music, but hope that they would. I really have no idea obviously and no one does unless you know them personally. Maybe i'm stating the obvious though.

• Upvote 1

There was nothing risky about Violent Waves.

a band doesn't need to be "risky" in order to make a solid album without "selling" their souls or rather, risking the integrity of their music. Like Bear said..wait 'n see

Excited for the new album. Don't expect anything experimental. The guys are older now and have families to take care of. They'll make what sells.

If that's all they wanted then they would still be with Atlantic Records. Imo.

Regardless of the outcome, Circa can do no wrong and I'll love whatever they put out.

I was thinking it might be awesome if they utilized some of the styles Steve had been working on that he posted vines to his twitter of. I cant find them anymore, but it was like awesome electronic complex sampled beats. Was thinking that underneath some sampled synths and meandering guitars and filtered vocals would be sick. I always thought more experimental stuff like that would be a natural progression for them.

Pretty much, I need new weird music to listen to lol

I was thinking it might be awesome if they utilized some of the styles Steve had been working on that he posted vines to his twitter of. I cant find them anymore, but it was like awesome electronic complex sampled beats. Was thinking that underneath some sampled synths and meandering guitars and filtered vocals would be sick. I always thought more experimental stuff like that would be a natural progression for them.

Pretty much, I need new weird music to listen to lol

Idk where they are going.... they are a pure rock band lol it's hard to imagine what soundscapes they will choose to go towards.

Idk where they are going.... they are a pure rock band lol it's hard to imagine what soundscapes they will choose to go towards.

I never used to think they were a pure rock band. They have been getting closer to that te last couple of years though.

I never used to think they were a pure rock band. They have been getting closer to that te last couple of years though.

I always kind of had a feeling about that was the case.. i remember an interview were Brendan was sayin when he joined the band he just wanted to play guitar.. and made me think... each guy just loves playing their instrument, i can't imagine them getting away from that for an entire album

I always kind of had a feeling about that was the case.. i remember an interview were Brendan was sayin when he joined the band he just wanted to play guitar.. and made me think... each guy just loves playing their instrument, i can't imagine them getting away from that for an entire album

I remember seeing several old interviews where they talk about the possibility of more electronics.

Also, theres Ssolata, Blank Slate, Battle, My Love and a couple of other little experiments I remember from the LP3 pre-prepro. I totally get what youre saying though

I remember seeing several old interviews where they talk about the possibility of more electronics.

Also, theres Ssolata, Blank Slate, Battle, My Love and a couple of other little experiments I remember from the LP3 pre-prepro. I totally get what youre saying though

im def open to some exploration into that realm if done tastefully.

i remember when steve just got his autoharp and was all stoked.

found it v

i have a feeling Circa CD is coming out in the summer time.. we should be getting some info at least by the end of next month

I hope youre right. I saw on Brendans twitter late last month that he was asking for pedal suggestions for new sounds on the album which makes me think they havent written the majority of it yet. I need it now. Maybe theyll play a new song live soon

haha. yeah had to move all the album discussion over to here.

even after recording there would be a good 3-5 months for the mixing/mastering/replication.

for vw they recorded in april. the album was released at the very end of august.

for yl anthony recorded in may. the album was released in november.

also this seems to be cs's summer of sporadic festivals.

i suppose they're sporadic enough that it might not be an issue if they only need 3-4 weeks or less to track the record.

depending on where they will record and who's producing.

but yeah theres some pretty lengthy gaps in there.

definitely doable.

Coachella 2014 (Night 4)

Anthony Green . 04.18.2014 - Indio, CA @ Empire Polo Club

Skate and Surf Festival 2014

Saosin . 05.17.2014 – Middletown, NJ @ Middletown Sports Complex

Skate and Surf Festival 2014

Circa Survive . 05.18.2014 – Middletown, NJ @ Middletown Sports Complex

Pegasus Music Festival

Circa Survive . 06.21.2014 – Grand Prairie, TX @ Verizon Theatre

Common Ground Music Festival

Circa Survive . 07.08.2014 – Lansing, MI @ Adado Riverfront Park

Great South Bay Music Festival [07.18-20.2014]

Circa Survive . 07.18.2014 – Patchogue, NY @ Shorefront Park [blue Point Brews Stage] (8:10-9:10 PM)

Fashion Meets Music Festival (FMMF) 2014 [08.29-31.2014]

Circa Survive . 08.30.2014 – Columbus, OH @ Arena District

Sorry, i meant late summer, closer to august time. I think that they have been writing on and off for a couple months.. at least they have talked about it. Circa tends to preview songs live and see how they feel when they play it for an audience so i have a feeling we will get a taste for one of these shows

im assuming Circa is never going to join a label again right? so another self produced album? honestly i wouldn't mind if they worked with a producer with a limited role