Circa Survive Board
September

Circa Survive "Descensus" Discussion

Did anyone else purchase a Pre-Order from Killermerch.com? If so, have you received it yet? I did and I haven't received anything, literally nothing including emails. I tried emailing Kilermerch and still haven't received a reply. I'm very annoyed at this point.

Anyone know why Descensus is not on Spotify yet? They only have 2 songs available, Schema and Always Begin which I find weird.

Did anyone else purchase a Pre-Order from Killermerch.com? If so, have you received it yet? I did and I haven't received anything, literally nothing including emails. I tried emailing Kilermerch and still haven't received a reply. I'm very annoyed at this point.

im with you.

my order status just says open and i haven't gotten any emails or anything either.

yeah idk. looks like some people are complaining on their fb page too.

https://www.facebook...illerMerchStore

let me know if you hear anything.

i do see at least one person on tumblr that got her killermerch descensus bundle.

it might have something to do with not enough cd's.

a bunch of people i have spoken with got the rest of their bundles (not necessarily killer merch)

but will get the cd's shipped separately.

but yeah id say they are pretty terrible if not replying to your emails.

So I got my order from killer merch today and I didn't get the yellow and black splatter I pre ordered, got the black instead, which I guess I'm okay with. Also my record skips right at the very last second of descensus.. does anyone else have this issue?

im with you.

my order status just says open and i haven't gotten any emails or anything either.

yeah idk. looks like some people are complaining on their fb page too.

https://www.facebook...illerMerchStore

let me know if you hear anything.

i do see at least one person on tumblr that got her killermerch descensus bundle.

it might have something to do with not enough cd's.

a bunch of people i have spoken with got the rest of their bundles (not necessarily killer merch)

but will get the cd's shipped separately.

but yeah id say they are pretty terrible if not replying to your emails.

I got my killermerch bundle today, this vinyl is beautiful. email your order ID to info @ killermerch . com for tracking info.

They replied to my email within 2 hours.

So I got my order from killer merch today and I didn't get the yellow and black splatter I pre ordered, got the black instead, which I guess I'm okay with. Also my record skips right at the very last second of descensus.. does anyone else have this issue?

That's really weird that you got the black. I'd be pretty upset.

That's really weird that you got the black. I'd be pretty upset.

Yeah I'm pissed. I'm more upset about the record skipping over and over right before it ends. Wish I could get my copy replaced

Yeah I'm pissed. I'm more upset about the record skipping over and over right before it ends. Wish I could get my copy replaced

And you can because you received the wrong one. Just don't mention the fact that you didn't mind receiving the wrong one, lol.

I emailed info@killermerch.com for my tracking information, you might be able to get help there.

And you can because you received the wrong one. Just don't mention the fact that you didn't mind receiving the wrong one, lol.

I emailed info@killermerch.com for my tracking information, you might be able to get help there.

Okay I'll do that! Thanks for the help!

I pre-ordered from Killer Merch and nothing yet. I emailed them and they apologized for the set back but gave no reason. Tracking number they gave me showed my order just being shipped last night from Los Angeles. Pretty annoying. I remember them having these same issues with Violent Waves. Hopefully I get it by the weekend.

Fuck Killer Merch.. Never again will I order from them. Bullshit.

I went ahead and downloaded from iTunes in the meantime. I got jumpy. Fuck it.

Overall this album is tight. The more I listen the more it becomes my favorite.

Sovereign Circle is sexy as ever! Took 1 listen to start dancing. Probably my favorite followed by Child of the Desert.

I love Nesting Dolls. I'd have to agree with AP article when they compare it to Explosions in the Sky. Sooo damn good!

Schema is bad ass. I can't get into Phantoms and Quiet Down all that much but that could change in the next play thru. Its weird. When a song hits you it hits you. haha

I'm very pleased. Can't wait to meet them December 13.

I've actually read that several people saying the end of descensus repeats over and over because it has a locked groove. That's apparantly intentional. So everyone's repeats and loops at the end.

Am I the only one that thinks the lyrics in the booklet to "sovereign circle" are different from the actual song?

only thing I'd like to change is steve's drumming. Don't get me wrong, it's tight per usual.. but he is not as dynamic in his drumming as he was in JUT/OLG

anyone not get their order from merch connection yet? mine was supposed to be here on monday, but the tracking information hasn't updated since the 23rd saying it was departing from san diego. i live in pennsylvania so that seemed a little odd that the scheduled arrival date was the 24th. i'm starting to get pretty annoyed and a little worried i won't get my order.

So I'm new here so I might have missed this along the way but has anyone picked up on this yet. On the very last page on the digital booklet downloaded from iTunes it says that additional vocals on "Never had a name" by Steven Choi.. Obviously there is no song by that name on the album. Can anyone clear this up??

anyone not get their order from merch connection yet? mine was supposed to be here on monday, but the tracking information hasn't updated since the 23rd saying it was departing from san diego. i live in pennsylvania so that seemed a little odd that the scheduled arrival date was the 24th. i'm starting to get pretty annoyed and a little worried i won't get my order.

im sorry bro, but you're screwed lol. EXACT same situation happened with VW/DVD and i waited like a month constantly emailing them wanting my order.. but it took COLIN emailing the dude to finally get my package. I didn't even get the shirt i originally picked

my merchconnection bundle arrived literally 10 mins ago via ups over here on the south jersey coast.

never had it arrive this late before.

So I'm new here so I might have missed this along the way but has anyone picked up on this yet. On the very last page on the digital booklet downloaded from iTunes it says that additional vocals on "Never had a name" by Steven Choi.. Obviously there is no song by that name on the album. Can anyone clear this up??

He does guest guitar on "child of the desert". They just changed the name.

im sorry bro, but you're screwed lol. EXACT same situation happened with VW/DVD and i waited like a month constantly emailing them wanting my order.. but it took COLIN emailing the dude to finally get my package. I didn't even get the shirt i originally picked

this is what i'm afraid of. i remember the VW pre orders were a huge mess and i was really hoping that would all be figured out this time around.

my merchconnection bundle arrived literally 10 mins ago via ups over here on the south jersey coast.

never had it arrive this late before.

i'm not holding out much hope that i get my bundle this week what with it being thanksgiving and everything. i sent the site an email today and i don't expect to hear from them until friday at the earliest. i'm going to be really disappointed if i don't get it. i ordered as soon as the bundles went up and got my confirmation pretty quickly so i don't know what the problem is.

I've actually read that several people saying the end of descensus repeats over and over because it has a locked groove. That's apparantly intentional. So everyone's repeats and loops at the end.

Wait can you elaborate? Like the album does it or people are taking it upon themselves to loop it?

That is a super weird thing to do. Not going to lie, thought mine was messed up because of that loop haha.

That is a super weird thing to do. Not going to lie, thought mine was messed up because of that loop haha.

I'm pretty sure Potrugal the man's church mouth does it on side A. it goes "turn me over, turn me over" all quiet and quick. There's a lot of records that do it, nice that they found a way to do it that matched the concept of the song so well.

The song Descensus might just be my favourite. (Other favourites are Schema, Child Of The Desert, Nesting Dolls and Phantom, I have yet to warm up to Only the Sun which everyone seems to love but so far it hasn't "clicked" with me yet I guess)