Circa Survive Board
September

Circa Survive "Descensus" Discussion

anyone else ever think the lion's head looks kindof mouse-ish?

which is crazy awesome aesthetically and meaningfully. or maybe its just me

yeah i agree it's strange to see them use that painting. Doesn't seem like a commission for the new album, but it does work in some weird way; at least symbolically.

Lion is pretty disfigured and zombie-like. i could see the mouse face you're talking about Roy. The paws are also really tiny for a lion like that. I think It's a cool painting too. Leaves you with questions. the paint quality is also really nice. I'm sure he put the ballsack in there for some meaning as well. Might have some historical context. I've noticed Esao play with his images like that before.

seriously though what an amazing piece of art. should have been the true cover imo

it might be the most elegant piece of art associated with the band

I like the idea of a mouse-lion because lions can fuck you up (it even has the balls to reinforce that notion) and mice get fucked up by everything else

but yeah...a ghost zombie mouse-lion on an oriental rug in a pitch black room. wtf awesomeness

tumblr_ng46laLuYT1rrscflo1_500.png

CIRCA SURVIVE

Descensus = 19,414 Copies First Week

Billboard 200 (#50)

Debuts On The Independent (#3),

Top Hard Music (#3),

Alternative (#4),

Top Internet (#16),

Overall Digital (#25),

Current 200 (#37),

in this case, i love being wrong.

This is great to hear. =] I'm glad they did chart. Also, such a bummer to hear about the preorders. I had actually wanted to buy the vinyl in person (just didnt care for the bundles) but after a week of no luck anywhere nearby I ended up ordering it from Amazon. So it seems like for whatever reason, even some physical retailers whether local record stores or even hot topic don't seem to be receiving the albums when expected. That being said, I'm very happy with the album I got. Hopefully things go more smoothly in the future.

Decensus and Sovereign Circle are probably two of my favorite songs from anything they've ever released, I really dig them. As a whole, it's an okay album.

solid songs, good song writing, but theres something lacking in it making it hard to call it great. I honestly wish they would work with someone else than Will.

I feel BSN was their best effort from beginning to end and was a timeless record... OLG had the best vibe and Juturna is juturna..

I think they need to think outside the box... i feel VW and Des. were "easy" for them lol

Descensus is a great album from Circa Survive, but if you asked me what album defined the band, Descensus wouldn't be my first choice.

Descensus is a great album from Circa Survive, but if you asked me what album defined the band, Descensus wouldn't be my first choice.

i think OLG defines the band overall sound. Classic rock vibe in Living Together and then some spacey groovy parts as the album continues.. and anthony's vocals were crazy

787 | Circa Survive

https://www.instagra...m/p/ngjAosxjfE/

very curious of the fate of this song.

I reposted a Will Yip instagram pic like a year ago that might have something to do with this

https://www.instagra...-by=nelsoncirca

Its just speculation but he's got 13 songs on that list. 787 might be one of them.

Decensus is about 50 minutes long, so the 3 extra songs are a combined 12 minutes.

I reposted a Will Yip instagram pic like a year ago that might have something to do with this

https://www.instagra...-by=nelsoncirca

Its just speculation but he's got 13 songs on that list. 787 might be one of them.

Decensus is about 50 minutes long, so the 3 extra songs are a combined 12 minutes.

tumblr_n5j59ymnov1rrscflo1_500.jpgtumblr_n6i47ld7UD1rrscflo1_500.jpg

Idk. The whiteboard lists 11 songs.

Not all of the songs are completely accounted for due to not knowing the working titles of some descensus songs.

Its also possible that some tracks were split or combined, but I'm kinda doubting it.

11 songs seem to have been recorded.

10 songs were released on Descensus.

And 787 was tracked fully but remains unreleased.

11252414_851388904937043_1148679430_n.jpg

I'm also speculating, but i noticed that in the pic of Wills computer screen, two of the songs, Schema and Phantom say "Revised" after them.

Maybe the two "Unrevised" versions of those songs are still in that folder, accounting for tracks 12 and 13? Idk.

And it seems that whatever track 11 is seems to begin with the letter A. Maybe 787's official name starts with A? idk.

tumblr_n5j59ymnov1rrscflo1_500.jpgtumblr_n6i47ld7UD1rrscflo1_500.jpg

Idk. The whiteboard lists 11 songs.

Not all of the songs are completely accounted for due to not knowing the working titles of some descensus songs.

Its also possible that some tracks were split or combined, but I'm kinda doubting it.

11 songs seem to have been recorded.

10 songs were released on Descensus.

And 787 was tracked fully but remains unreleased.

11252414_851388904937043_1148679430_n.jpg

I'm also speculating, but i noticed that in the pic of Wills computer screen, two of the songs, Schema and Phantom say "Revised" after them.

Maybe the two "Unrevised" versions of those songs are still in that folder, accounting for tracks 12 and 13? Idk.

And it seems that whatever track 11 is seems to begin with the letter A. Maybe 787's official name starts with A? idk.

Possibly airplane or aircraft as in a Boeing 787?

Possibly airplane or aircraft as in a Boeing 787?

i'm pretty sure the working title, 787, itself is a reference to an airplane/aircraft.

but in the pic, we would see the dot for the "i" if the second letter was "i", because of the font style.

imo, the 2nd letter has to be: u, v, w or y.