Circa Survive Board
September

Circa Survive "Descensus" Discussion

I love that they're posting little clips of the recording process. It kind of reminds me of the sequences for Blue Sky Noise in that they got me (and I think everyone) really excited for what was coming and I was able to identify little clips of songs that I loved even though we didn't have a full song. I didn't feel that same building of anticipation for Violent Waves so it's cool to have that back this time around.

yeah im glad they're giving us these lil clips too.

they remind me of the BSN writing/jamming vids they released from oct 2008 thru march 2009.

i hope they keep hooking us up.

correct me if Im wrong but Will Yip recorded, engineered, mixed and mastered Violent Waves right?

these are the credits that they put on their bandcamp violent waves page:

Violent Waves by Circa Survive

released 28 August 2012

All Songs written by Circa Survive

Circa Survive Music (BMI)

Additional Vocals in Suitcase: Rachel Minton

Additional Vocals in The Lottery: Geoff Rickly

Produced by: Circa Survive

Additional Production by: Vince Ratti, Will Yip

Studio Engineer: Will Yip, Vince Ratti

Mixed by: Vince Ratti w/ assistance from Will Yip

Mastered by: Joe Lambert

All songs recorded at Studio 4

Studio assistants: Jay Preston, Colin Gorman

Cover and Packaging Art: Esao Andrews

Art Direction & Layout: The Uprising Creative

http://circasurvive....m/violent-waves

hmm thoughts on that clip? interesting

that one reminded me of some of the darker riffs on on letting go.

the verse/bridge of kicking your crosses down with dark exotic psycadelic melodies and chord progressions.

that scream mixed with guitar (if thats what i was) sounded epic.

the vid from 05.02.2014 with the vocals vaguely reminds me of the chorus of stare like you'll stay from appendage.

idk. the bright vocal enthuseasm/timbre.

and then there was that first vid with beard playing that reminded me of the rhcp's in 1988 or something like that.

feels like it'll be all over the place.

and also the fact that in that last video Dannel Escallon was present makes me question whether this will be a full album or just an ep.

cause i know that shortly after the shine show, will yip was working on the audio mix.

and now Dannel's there getting footage of them tracking.

so im wondering if it'll be a mixed release with the live dvd and a studio ep / in-studio documentary released all together.

im hoping not. i kinda want the dvd to be sep. and for this to be a full lp, with maybe a doc film as an extra or something.

so many new interesting things queued up.

wow awesome break down there.

I just checked Anthonys twitter and as of yesterday he had a Circa tweet with an lp5 hashtag.

Anthony is sounding very Thricy Major/Minor to me in these clips.. which happens to be my fav Thrice album.. i'm so damn stoked

Happy to see that they're about 1/5 of the way through tracking. I imagine they'd be done tracking the album by the end of the month and begin mixing next month if not sooner.

Yes, I'm super anxious about LP5 ... When talking about the work be more progessive, just loved it ...

they could explore some elements like these guys, in this video ....

Some of them I remember hearing a lot in Juturna ...

Yes, I'm super anxious about LP5 ... When talking about the work be more progessive, just loved it ...

they could explore some elements like these guys, in this video ....

Some of them I remember hearing a lot in Juturna ...

yeah. im excited about it.

in the tracking videos it looks like theyre having fun recording and fucking around.

so hopefully it'll be a fun record.

thanks for the link of that band. def hear some similarities in there.

i was hoping a new song would've been played at the surf/skate fest sunday, but according to setlist.fm thats not the case.

in time.

yeah. im excited about it.

in the tracking videos it looks like theyre having fun recording and fucking around.

so hopefully it'll be a fun record.

thanks for the link of that band. def hear some similarities in there.

i was hoping a new song would've been played at the surf/skate fest sunday, but according to setlist.fm thats not the case.

in time.

i'm hope for this too....

Another thing that made ​​me excited is about the Anthony's voice ...

I hear the voice of Anthony since of the saosin / circa transition ... his voice has changed over the years, that's a fact ... of course he included new techniques and tones ...

I liked the "Young Legs"...

And I really liked the last recording he made​​, cover of Lana del Rey's Blue Jeans

And from what I've seen, this is not a live album - this values ​​more his voice ...

(**But I like too when he exposes the "OLG side" of his voice)

i'm always so torn on whether or not i should watch these videos. i really want to get an idea of what the guys are doing because i find their process very interesting. but on the other hand, i like everything to be a surprise when i hear it for the first time. i think i just like to have something to complain about when i can't make up my mind.

i'm always so torn on whether or not i should watch these videos. i really want to get an idea of what the guys are doing because i find their process very interesting. but on the other hand, i like everything to be a surprise when i hear it for the first time. i think i just like to have something to complain about when i can't make up my mind.

understandable. im the same way with tv show/movie spoilers. rarely watch trailers especially not those 3 minute ones.

the vids dont hardly show anything at all and they seem scrambled

im kinda sad theres not more

this is true. mostly short lil teasers.

i was hoping the vids would resume this week but no such luck yet.

There's also this from Steve - https://twitter.com/...492095254208512

Also, judging from the board, it seems that Anthony is either done or just about done vocals. At this rate, I'd guess tracking would be done by mid-June, actually.

This is just my prediction, but with mixing left, then all the manufacturing and other physical productions needed after all the studio work, I'd guess we'll be getting the album in September.