Circa Survive Board
Sign in to follow this  
Jose D.

Circa Survive . Fall Tour (w/ Title Fight, Tera Melos & Pianos Become The Teeth)

My show is tomorrow and I got an email saying what time to meet for the VIP. The email says to meet at 5:30 at the venue box office (doors open for the show at 7). I'm personally just curious if it's the kind of thing where you go in the venue and then leave again before it opens. In any case, I'll post about how it goes!

I read somewhere that they let you stay in

I just got my email today for the show on Sunday in Philly that I have to be there at 5:30 for meet and greet.

Very relieved to have gotten that and even more excited. I've never met any of the guys before.

I just got my email today for the show on Sunday in Philly that I have to be there at 5:30 for meet and greet.

Very relieved to have gotten that and even more excited. I've never met any of the guys before.

I'm glad you got some info! To follow up on how it went, they did a pretty good job of sticking to the time they gave. Some people started lining up informally and at least picking up their tickets prior to 5:30. 5:30-6:00 was mostly spent making sure everyone had their laminates. At about 6, everyone got to go inside the venue in a line so that they could do the meet and greet first. It's honestly pretty brief because there's somewhere in the area of 40 people doing VIP for each show. But it was nice regardless and it does give you a little time to say something to the guys in the band. Then after you do the meet and greet, you just wait in about the area where the acoustic set will happen while everyone else does meet and greet. It is an early entry thing so it's not set up for you to have enough time to leave and get back in line after all that. There were some people who were among the first to do the meet and greet that were able to put their posters in their car and come back in as long as they asked security to do so. Otherwise, you basically stay in for the rest of the night. It's definitely not as small as casual as the creature club was, but still really enjoyable in my opinion! Hope that helps!

I'm glad you got some info! To follow up on how it went, they did a pretty good job of sticking to the time they gave. Some people started lining up informally and at least picking up their tickets prior to 5:30. 5:30-6:00 was mostly spent making sure everyone had their laminates. At about 6, everyone got to go inside the venue in a line so that they could do the meet and greet first. It's honestly pretty brief because there's somewhere in the area of 40 people doing VIP for each show. But it was nice regardless and it does give you a little time to say something to the guys in the band. Then after you do the meet and greet, you just wait in about the area where the acoustic set will happen while everyone else does meet and greet. It is an early entry thing so it's not set up for you to have enough time to leave and get back in line after all that. There were some people who were among the first to do the meet and greet that were able to put their posters in their car and come back in as long as they asked security to do so. Otherwise, you basically stay in for the rest of the night. It's definitely not as small as casual as the creature club was, but still really enjoyable in my opinion! Hope that helps!

As I was reading it definitely made me think of the creature club. I agree, the creature club sound checks were great. The two I went to had about 15-20? People and it seemed like we got to talk to the guys for a good hour.

As I was reading it definitely made me think of the creature club. I agree, the creature club sound checks were great. The two I went to had about 15-20? People and it seemed like we got to talk to the guys for a good hour.

Yeah, the creature club is definitely something I still miss! Although I wonder if it existed now and it was promoted heavily, if there would also be like 40 or so people there at each show. One would think that if someone is willing to pay an extra $40-50 for vip per show, that they wouldn't sweat paying $40 for a years worth of soundchecks. Or maybe it's just that people aren't as keen on jumping into a membership and would rather do a one-off thing that they don't have to think about again. Just something I have been wondering.

But bearing in mind that you can definitely meet most of the band before or after the shows anyways, the acoustic set and all are cool perks too!

i wonder this vip thing is the label's idea. Anyways.. i miss them releasing demos and such lol

thats the first thing I thought. Creature club was atlantic's idea though lol