• Who Will Lie With Me Now
    • Only the Sun
    • Nesting Dolls
    • Quiet Down
    • Phantom
    • Sovereign Circle
    • Descensus
  3. 3. Rate (0-10)

I listen to Child of the Desert, Quiet Down, Sovereign Circles, and Descensus the most. Schema and Only The Sun are two more faves but I listened to each at least 140 times before the album was released so I skip them often now. Always Begin and Pantom are great songs and Nesting Dolls has the lowest plays in my library. I like Nesting Dolls but I've been in a more aggressive mood lately and it doesn't fit.

• Upvote 1

Child of the Desert, Only the Sun, and Descensus are the best tracks overall i think.

Phantom, Nesting Dolls, Schema, Sovereign Circles, and Quiet Down are all great songs, but not entirely into their compositions as a whole.

Who Will Lie With Me Now is a cool track, but much too short. It could be longer! Really dig that they threw in some ambient in there, but it feels too much like a filler song with how short it is compared to everything else. Would have loved to get lost in that song for a few minutes more. It really is quite nice.

Always Begins is my least favorite, but it definitely has good moments and i don't completely dislike it.

I feel like this album is better than Violent Waves and Blue Sky Noise, but On Letting Go is still my favorite. I think i like it a little better than Juturna too, but Juturna still has some of their best song they've written.

I've been listening to it almost everyday and i totally dig it, but i gave this album an 8!

I think, like all their albums, i see lots of potential in them, but they aren't perfect to me yet. BSN and VW seemed like great attempts in exploring new directions, but Descensus really tied it all together. Feels so much for refined and cohesive. I feel like their next set of material will be even better.

Blue sky was a great album.

I hope they explore more spacey mellowness in the next album

i give this album an 8 as well. I feel like steve could be more dynamic on his drumming although its great rock music drumming.. not the same as OLG/Jut days

I gave it an 8 too. Mostly because I still haven't "connected" yet with certain songs (Stay Quiet, Always Begin, Only The Sun, Who Will Lie With Me Now)

I love all the other songs a lot though.