Circa Survive Board
Sign in to follow this  
September

Anthony Green "Pixie Queen" | Discussion

so is this looking like an august release? they released that teaser which sounds amazing (and I think yip is involved with this which bodes well) but i havent heard anything since - dying to listen to the full song!

so is this looking like an august release? they released that teaser which sounds amazing (and I think yip is involved with this which bodes well) but i havent heard anything since - dying to listen to the full song!

its hard to say.

anthony said august back in april.

will recently said "in the fall",

which for many also includes september.

i'm thinking sometime between late august and mid september.

back in 2013, after the release date for young legs was announced,

i looked at the release dates of the first 3 solo albums

and the numbers projected that AG LP4 would be released in 09.2016.

haha. its looking like its either gonna be right or really close.

using the same method, it shows CS LP6 to drop in 04.2017.

and Saosin's next album with Anthony will be a double album to be released in 04.2029.

haha. im sure that one wont hold up.

13732091_1766272193647877_1516939212_n.jpg

Anthony Green . 08.02.2016 . Instagram

"So happy with how this vinyl for #pixiequeen came out. Very fortunate to have @memorymusiclabel and @willyipmusic helping me with literally everything that went into this record. Feels really good to be doing this with my friend in such a personal way because the nature of the album is so very personal. Thank you so much to everyone who has pre ordered or shared about a song or anything because your efforts go directly to supporting me and my family and friends continuing to make and share music which is literally my dream. Thanks for being a part of my dream. #reallove #realmagic #pixiequeen"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr79eyxQUoQ

Cellar (Live At Studio 4) | Anthony Green

BulletMedia . 08.04.2016 . Interview

"One song on the album that he didn’t write himself, but is no less affecting, and effective, is “Cellar.”

“The song was originally written by my friend Jeremy SH Griffith,” he says. “I heard a working demo of it on an overnight drive and it possessed me. All I wanted to do was learn it, fuck with it and play it all the time. So happy to have it be part of this album, because it feels exactly like I wanted to say.”

“I can see it in your eyes. I can see the way you compromise,” Green sings in the stripped-down acoustic performance video. If that’s not love and marriage right there then nothing is." "

Guest Scott Silva

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr79eyxQUoQ

Cellar (Live At Studio 4) | Anthony Green

BulletMedia . 08.04.2016 . Interview

"One song on the album that he didn’t write himself, but is no less affecting, and effective, is “Cellar.”

“The song was originally written by my friend Jeremy SH Griffith,” he says. “I heard a working demo of it on an overnight drive and it possessed me. All I wanted to do was learn it, fuck with it and play it all the time. So happy to have it be part of this album, because it feels exactly like I wanted to say.”

“I can see it in your eyes. I can see the way you compromise,” Green sings in the stripped-down acoustic performance video. If that’s not love and marriage right there then nothing is." "

I should be the one to hold you close

Sunday Morning (All day)

I can feel the sun is on the rise

Faced with all (I need to know)

I can see it in your eyes

I can see without compromise (You're all I need)

I can hear it in your sigh

I can hear without compromise (You're all I need)

I will be the one to hold you down

Monday morning (All day)

I can feel the sun is on the rise

Face with all (I need to know)

**BREAK**

Will Yip . 08.09.2016 . Instagram

"@coslive premiered one of my favorite tracks of @anthonygreen666 's Pixie Queen today. It's also one of my favorite tracks I got to help cowrite and build up from the ground. Just like most of our relationship, the core song happened so organically...the guts of the song grew in a matter of minutes. Anthony's brilliant and killed it all around especially thematically. So proud of this record, and so proud of one of my favorite teammates in the world. More fire coming soon. Go over to COS to listen to the song and over to @memorymusiclabel to preorder and support one of the best people in the world"

I am liking this album much more than I expected I would. Much as I love AG in Circa, his solo stuff has always been a little hit-or-miss for me. This is much better than past albums - Will Yip's involvement doesn't hurt. I'm on my third listen currently. Current stand-outs for me:

I'm Not Holding You Back

Dawn On The Canal

East Coast Winter

tumblr_oczz7nFP6c1rrscflo1_500.jpg

Anthony Green . 09.04.2016 . Instagram

"I wrote the song east coast winters in this room almost three years ago thinking about killing myself. It was the saddest, most desperate feelings I've ever felt. Tonight I'm back play Otto bar and celebrate the death of that hopelessly desperate and selfish give thanks for this new life I've been trying to build with my friends and family. Don't ever give up on yourself. You can change anything about your life that you don't like, give your pain a purpose and make it meaningful. Believe in love and its healing powers. Sing and dance everyday and listen to the poor please who love you. #reallove #realmagic"

Anthony Green . 12.07.2013 . Baltimore, MD @ Ottobar

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this