Circa Survive Board
Sign in to follow this  
September

Saosin "Along The Shadow" | Discussion

Beau Burchell . 01.28.2016 . Instagram

"When you are trying really hard to nail a riff and @boostikaka starts air humping.

This is part of a bridge section from a song with a working title "radio song"

Chris wrote this riff and then watched me fumble around on it for an hour.

#practicemakesperfect #saosinlp3"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcI_ZCR6J4U

Silver String | Saosin

Beau Burchell . 02.03.2016 . Twitter

"This song had a working title of riff 7. It's now called silver string. I'm so excited about…"

Saosin Announces New Album Later This Year

February 3, 2016 | by Zachary Foerst

Saosin has announced that they will be releasing a new album later this year through Epitaph Records. This will be their first album since 2009 and the first to feature Anthony Green since 2003. The teaser is below.

Anthony states, “Making this record was such a sentimental thing for me. You can literally hear us making amends with each other while lamenting on our experiences together. It was very healing and cathartic, and might be the heaviest thing I’ve been a part of since the first EP. Epitaph is a perfect fit for this band.”

Saosin_Logo.jpg.928x0_q90.jpg

SAOSIN BIO

http://epitaph.com/artists/saosin/bio

Saosin announced they have reunited with original front man Anthony Green and will release a new album on Epitaph this year. This will be the first new Saosin music with Anthony Green since 2003. The band have shared a teaser video with a clip of new music that you can listen to now:

Anthony Green explains, "Making this record was such a sentimental thing for me. You can literally hear us making amends with each other while lamenting on our experiences together. It was very healing and cathartic, and might be the heaviest thing I've been a part of since the first EP. Epitaph is a perfect fit for this band."

Saosin formed and released their first EP, Translating the Name, in 2003. Anthony Green parted ways with the band after they signed with a major label, and vocalist Cove Reber stepped in as front man. The band went on to release two major label albums without Green, Saosin (Capitol, 2006), and In Search of Solid Ground (Virgin, 2009). Anthony Green has been a part of the band Circa Survive since leaving Saosin.

Chris Sorenson, Saosin bassist explains "We have known Brett Gurewitz/Epitaph was interested since our second show in 2003 but the timing wasn't right. I am stoked to see our almost 13 year courtship come full circle in 2016. We've been working on the idea of recording a new Saosin record with Anthony since 2010. It's great to be back, playing gigs, and writing the music we never had the chance to write from the beginning."

In addition to writing and recording with Saosin, Anthony Green will perform with the band at all shows indefinitely. Stay tuned for more news on Saosin music.

Saosin_001_MegaImage.jpg.928x0_q90.jpg

Beau Burchell . 02.12.2016 . Instagram

"This is a song with a sarcastic title of "radio song" it's got a sweet 90s HXC bridge breakdown at the moment.

Not sure if this one will make the record, but we will see. I love those yellow blocks."

"all those yellow blocks are yelling. Doing some left to right chant stuff to cut through the other tracks"

https://www.instagra...by=beauburchell

tumblr_o2vplgIoq81rrscflo1_500.jpg

Beau Burchell . 02.20.2016 . Instagram

"Cruising to the new saosin record blasting with the windows down. #soundssick #broville #thecottage #saosinlp3"

Keith Piazza . 02.20.2016 . Instagram

"any updates on a release date?"

Beau Burchell . 02.20.2016 . Instagram

"mid May."

so I'm gonna go out on a limb here

and surmise that the release date will be May 17, 2016.

Its mid May and a Tuesday.

I also noticed Beau only has 13 tracks in his playlist.

Back in August when he was tracking Chris he mentioned 14 tracks total.

So one song might not have made the cut or is being reserved as a b-side.

tumblr_o2wsak19kZ1rrscflo1_500.jpg

Beau Burchell . 02.21.2016 . Instagram

"#LP3 is finally done!!!!! Just got masters back from @kalajianofdoom

sooo excited to put these sounds in your ears! @epitaphrecords @anthonygreen666 @boostikaka @alex949"

Mastering: Mike Kalajian | New Paltz, NY @ Rogue Planet Mastering

Beau Burchell . 03.05.2016 . Instagram

"Practicing riffage we will be playing at the upcoming @saosinofficial shows. This song is relentless. Part 1 of 2"

"Part 2 of 2 I love this little harmonics riff with a string bend above the nut. #abovethenut #riffage"

"Part 1 of 4Here is another one I'm trying to tighten up for the @saosinofficial shows we have coming up. This is another ripper. I think this has 4 different riffs before the chorus. So this will be a 4 part video. This song really reminds me of something #lambofgod would do"

"Part 2 of 4. This one has a bend in it for anyone who might not know you can bend notes with an @evertune bridge."

"Part 3 of 4 this particular riff section isn't anything amazing, but the vocals are #sotight"

"Part 4 of 4. This is the section that I've gotta really tighten up. Right before the chorus hits, there is that high weedley weedley hammer on pull off part that the band drops out for a second before the chorus comes back in. #riffage #mountaindew"

"beauburchell@imagefilled there aren't really any radio single type songs on this record. It's just a bunch of songs we think are awesome. But you'll have a song to jam to next week. Then hopefully another couple before the record comes out in May. There isn't even a single song that can represent the record well because it's so diverse. It's goes from further seems forever to Isis to Shai hulud to in flames to as cities burn to sigur ros to mew to everything in between."

From an Instagram post yesterday. Had to make an account just to discuss this album because I feel like it's flying under the radar. Anyone as pumped as me?

tumblr_o3sfgs8eoM1rrscflo1_500.jpg

Beau Burchell . 03.09.2016 . Instagram

"@imagefilled there aren't really any radio single type songs on this record. It's just a bunch of songs we think are awesome. But you'll have a song to jam to next week. Then hopefully another couple before the record comes out in May. There isn't even a single song that can represent the record well because it's so diverse. It's goes from further seems forever to Isis to Shai hulud to in flames to as cities burn to sigur ros to mew to everything in between."

Beau Burchell . 03.09.2016 . Instagram

"@imagefilled the first song being released is kind of a middle of the road track. Not a ton of riffs, but the vocals are sooo good. Anthony really killed it on this record. It's probably my favorite vocal performances I've ever heard from him. With the opening lines of "act appalled" being a close second. ����"

Anyone as pumped as me?

i am.

this album is a gift.

something that connects the earliest part of this journey for me with the present.

for the longest time, it didnt seem like even a vague possibilty.

but time tends to heal. and music tends to heal.

things change. people change.

anything is possible.

i am.

this album is a gift.

something that connects the earliest part of this journey for me with the present.

for the longest time, it didnt seem like even a vague possibilty.

but time tends to heal. and music tends to heal.

things change. people change.

anything is possible.

Couldn't agree more. After all these years we finally won't have to wonder what if? anymore. I just can't wait to hear it. I hope with all those different sounding songs the album is still cohesive.

If you go to that video's description it says "Saosin live with a new song silver string off their next album releasing may 20th!" I wonder if they said it at the show? If so, RELEASE DATE LEAK WOOT!

If you go to that video's description it says "Saosin live with a new song silver string off their next album releasing may 20th!" I wonder if they said it at the show? If so, RELEASE DATE LEAK WOOT!

thanks for the info.

its very surprising that it'd be may 20th considering its a friday.

used to always be tuesdays.

but i just checked epitaph releases and yeah they're all on fridays.

we have a release date.

thanks for the info.

we have a release date.

May 20th confirmed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLnYgK4XnQs

I'm pretty excited for this.

thanks for the info.

we have a release date.

Just FYI: they changed the standard release date to Fridays over a year ago.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6487289/friday-global-record-release-day-ifpi

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this