Circa Survive Board
Sign in to follow this  
September

Saosin "Along The Shadow" | Discussion

Spoiler alert, someone posted 15s of what seems to be Racing Toward a Red Light. Anthony's doing some seriously savage work here.

https://www.instagra.../p/BC2RUZwxy3I/

nice.

yeah it sounds like the screams on this record will have some brutal fury in them. haha.

def been underused as of late.

here are my links for the mp3. i bought 3 varaints so the gave me 3 links ahha they have a 3 download limit

Saosin - The Silver String

https://eu.kingsroadmerch.com/download/serve.asp?uid=5A607BC7B6531E723AFD04E6FA10C5AD

https://secure.kingsroadmerch.com/download/serve.asp?uid=A6B1C8A3FE4772FD3EDA2A9C0673BCFC

https://secure.kingsroadmerch.com/download/serve.asp?uid=B36098200AE55FFE9DD2A08DFD734397

nice.

yeah it sounds like the screams on this record will have some brutal fury in them. haha.

def been underused as of late.

I love/hate that we keep getting snippets of what this album is going to be.

Really pleased with the new track! The only downside, in my opinion, is the audio quality. Sounds too over-produced or "clean" for my taste.

Also, not to be too nit-picky, but something about Anthony's voice has definitely changed over the years and I can't quite put my finger on it. Don't get me wrong, his voice is still amazing, but it almost sounds... nasally? A little disappointing but obviously voices change over long periods of time so I can't complain.

Really pleased with the new track! The only downside, in my opinion, is the audio quality. Sounds too over-produced or "clean" for my taste.

Also, not to be too nit-picky, but something about Anthony's voice has definitely changed over the years and I can't quite put my finger on it. Don't get me wrong, his voice is still amazing, but it almost sounds... nasally? A little disappointing but obviously voices change over long periods of time so I can't complain.

i Think Will is a great producer - not sure if he helped record any of saosin's album, but i noticed his production on VW and DEC was very clean and I miss the dirty juturna production haha.

And Anthony's voice has def changed. It's not as pure angelic highs if you will, its a little bit more edgy.. only natural

i Think Will is a great producer - not sure if he helped record any of saosin's album, but i noticed his production on VW and DEC was very clean and I miss the dirty juturna production haha.

tumblr_nvx38huKx51rrscflo1_500.jpg

apparently, all of ant's vocals for this saosin record were recorded with will at studio 4.

pretty sure he also helped arrange certain vocal parts too, like he did on descensus.

I'm really not a fan of Will Yips production unfortunately. I wouldn't call it clean. Murky is more like it imo. I wouldn't call Juturnas production dirty either. the effects and overall timbre was captured extremely well with the production on that album. Only production complaint I would ever have with Juturna is the percussion a little bit. Even then. The percussion on Descensus makes my brain itch

im really looking forward to this. its almost time.

and im sure there will be parts/moments that make it worth the wait.

sonically, i think it'll sound distinctively different than anything anthonys been a part of before.

there will be similarities with past stuff im sure,

but left field holds alot of potential for new types of moments.

beau's recording style seems to have evolved and matured alot since TTN.

a departure from the studio 4 sound that we've had for the past few years,

which i like, but its always good to switch it up from time to time.

cant wait to listen to these songs.

This was the Saosin i've been waiting for. It sounds like the 1st album if Anthony had all the experience he has now, didn't leave, and the band stayed a little harder.

So happy with it.

I might have just outgrown post-hardcore music, but I haven't been really feeling these songs too much. Nothing really stood out to me for some reason. I still love ttn though. There's a lot of music on this record so I'm hoping that there's something I'll dig on there. I also felt that the songs I heard were a little bit too polished. I enjoyed the lo-fi quality of ttn a lot. it added to the aesthetic in a really good way. But I imagine that isn't something they would consider with the equipment they have now. I watched some live videos and these songs sound much better in that setting so that's good.

thanks for the info.

the other two saosin singles leaked the day before the official release. so tomorrow? idk.

The other two releases have been on Wednesday so probably.
  • Upvote 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this