Circa Survive Board
Sign in to follow this  
September

Circa Survive "LP6" Discussion

Colin Frangicetto . 11.22.2016 . Twitter

"I hope people still read lyrics because my man @AnthonyGreen is on fire right now! Some of my favorite words of all time @circasurvive #LP6"

Anthony Green . 11.22.2016 . Twitter

"@colincirca @circasurvive from one of the only people who's opinion I actually care about. Thank you so much for always believing in me"

• Upvote 1

tumblr_ohsb4qeBQG1rrscflo1_1280.jpg

Anthony Green . 12.06.2016 . Instagram

"When I'm making a record I have a hard time focusing on much else, which is a challenge given that I have so many things in my life that require so much of my focus. In striving for balance little things get neglected, and buy little things I mean showering,washing my hair, changing my clothes or eating. So To solve part of this dilemma I've decided to wear the same sweatsuit to the studio every day to eliminate having to think about it And every few days @meredithgreen Will remind me if I haven't showered or eaten food or gotten some rest. I'm really lucky that I have so many people in my life who support my weirdness/ grossness. There are so many things that go into making a record outside of just the band playing. so many people making sacrifices and helping see these ideas come to life. I can't thank you all enough for dealing with my bullshit and my funk. I truly love this more than anything. This is your record. #reallove #realmagic #lp6"

Stephen Clifford . 11.26.2016 . Twitter

"Recorded some pretty fun drum parts today that you can one day hear if you know what's up"

Anthony Green . 12.06.2016 . Twitter

"Don't ask us to bring back our old style. We've never tried to control or predict the style or direction of our songs. We don't know how"

"The new circa survive record is all trap beats and mumble rapping❤️you're gonna love to hate it"

"I'm a good rapper. But I only rap in a language that I made up that sounds a lot like somebody just making weird sounds. it's pretty cool"

tumblr_oijsx7XUkO1rrscflo1_1280.jpg

Will Yip . 12.21.2016 . Instagram

"With the homies @brendanxtrom @vacationing. I'm so fortunate to have become great boys with kenny the last year. An incredible musician and seriously one of the best dudes I know. Thanks for stopping through and killin it homie ✊ : @britainweyant"

Guest guitar performance by Kenny Vasoli of Vacationer?

Alejandro Hinojosa‎ . 03.02.2017 . Facebook

"...they said the name of the new album, and if my hearing is right, they said it would be called "The Ambulant." I think that's the word that was said. Amulet doesn't sound right. Anyway, The Ambulant means someone who is able to walk around, or someone who is not confined. Fuck. And the new song that they've been playing during the VIP sesh is called Flesh and Bones. All the YouTube videos couldn't do it justice. It was a masterpiece and it isn't even finished."

so word of mouth is swirling that the new album title is "The Ambulant" or possibly "The Amulet".

the new song played during the vip set is rumored to be called "Flesh and Bones".

So...new album dropped when the board was down, what is everyone's opinion?

This album is a perfect mix of everything they've done in the past...I hear so much influence of every album in certain parts. Relates to the growth of not only the band but myself over these 14 years.

Each Circa album has been on a steady decline in my liking (not to say I didn't enjoy any of them) as they come out, but this album is wayyyyyy better then Descensus.

Some negative notes - I feel Will didn't do Anthony's vocals justice...way to behind in the mix of instruments. Maybe that was the point, to let the other member shine, but I do not like it. A lot of tracks I have no idea what Anthony is saying, and being able to belt his lyrics has always been a favorite part of Circa for me.

The Amulet, although a good track on its own, has to be their weakest closing track to date. Just doesn't give me the feels or complete the album like others have.

I also feel the tracks don't hold up well live. They're coming in June, hope hearing it then changes my mind. Can't wait!

Standout tracks: Lustration, Premonition of the Hex, Tunnel Vision, Rites of Investiture, Flesh and Bone

Edit after concert: Tracks were fucking amazing live, haha.